Monday, March 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

MY house....
I couldn't imagine living anywhere else!! Although, of course I could! My neighborhood is quiet and all of the houses have character. When we were looking for houses, I saw this one and knew it was THE ONE. I wouldn't settle for anything else...

It was built in 1921 and literally looks like a little gingerbread house! We dug up the hedges that were in front and I planted rose bushes which bloom every spring! I love having fresh cut roses in the house! My yard looks the best in summer when the grass is green and the flowers are in bloom! It's definately not easy to keep up landscaping and I have sincere respect and admiration for those who have the imaculate yards! This is as much as I can handle, and at times too much!!!





Every rose bush is different. The Oklahoma roses which are red (not shown) have the most scent. There were two rose bushes already here when I moved in that stand as tall as the house. The stems are so thick, as if you bought them from the florist. I love these purple roses (shown below) when they start to die they turn a lilac color that is just gorgeous!!







1 comment:

  1. I just love your house! And in the summer the yard is unbelievable! I can't wait til we move in to our house so I can get the yard going. Did I mention that Sunny looks crazy cute in those pictures? I have one of her in your red bowl....she is such a ham when she wants to be!
    love ya AC

    ReplyDelete